To all our Customers
Pursuant to Italian Legislative Decree no. 196 of 30th June 2003 on personal data handling (the "Privacy Law"), which came into force on 1st January 2004, we wish to inform you that the Company (the "Company") will be required to handle personal data that concerns you or is communicated to us by you or others. Your personal data will be handled in compliance with the applicable laws and the following conditions.
1. 1. Purpose
Your personal data will be handled solely for the following purposes:
1. 1. for requirements prior to the stipulation of sales and service agreements, in order to execute them and safeguard the resulting credit positions;
2. 2. for compliance with any kind of obligations required by the applicable laws or regulations;
3. 3. for requirements of an operational, managerial or financial nature, and when necessary to render the services offered;
4. 4. for commercial, strategic marketing and operational purposes.
2. 2. Method
Your data may be gathered, recorded, preserved, modified, disclosed or erased on hardcopy or computer, using suitable methods and means to guarantee the security and confidentiality of the data in compliance with art. 31 and following articles of the Privacy Law on "minimum security measures for handling personal data".
Furthermore, the method applied ensures that only those people charged with data handling by our company are allowed access to your data.
3. 3. Data provision
Data provision is:
1. 1. compulsory for achieving the aim connected with the obligations covered by laws or other binding regulations;
2. 2. necessary for the correct establishment and continuation of relations with you. Your refusal to provide the above data, even if legitimate, may affect relations with our company and may prevent us from executing your orders, rendering the services requested or performing administrative formalities.
4. 4. Data disclosure and communication
Your personal data obtained for the purposes specified under point 1 will only be disclosed to outsiders when:
1. 1. this is required for compliance with the obligations covered by laws or other binding regulations;
2. 2. this is required for the correct establishment and continuation of relations with you.
Personal data gathered for the above purposes may be disclosed, in as far as they are concerned, to public and private subjects, individuals and/or legal entities, for commercial and/or computer management and/or payment services, including external subjects carrying out specific tasks on behalf of the Company. Personal data may be communicated to the following categories of subjects: sales networks, marketing networks, banks and companies specialized in handling payments, law and advisory firms, subjects charged with auditing the Company’s financial statements, public authorities and administration, for legal formalities, Italian and foreign suppliers, and finance and transport companies.
5. 5. Data transfer abroad
Within the limits strictly required to execute the agreement in being with you, your data may be communicated to third parties (e.g. suppliers) abroad, within the European Union. Your explicit authorization will be requested for communication to third parties outside the European Union.
6. 6. Data Subject's rights
Pursuant to art. 7 and following articles of the Privacy Law, you are entitled, amongst other things, to:
1. 1. demand confirmation of the existence or otherwise of personal data concerning you, and communication thereof in intelligible form;
2. 2. obtain from the Data Controller or the Data Processor:
1. 1. the source of the personal data, the purpose and processing method, and the logic applied when the data is processed using electronic means;
2. 2. details of the Data Controller or the Data Processor and any representative designated by a foreign subject to handle data in Italy;
3. 3. the subjects or categories of subjects to whom the personal data may be disclosed or who may become aware of the data in their capacity as designated representatives in the country in question, or responsible for or in charge of data handling;
3. 3. demand:
1. 1. the updating, correction or integration of data concerning you;
2. 2. the cancellation, conversion into anonymous form or blocking of data handled in breach of the law, including those which are not required to be kept in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or subsequently processed;
3. 3. a statement that the operations as per points 1 and 2 above have been made known to those to whom the data were communicated or disclosed, except when this is impossible or requires a disproportionate use of means in relation to the rights being safeguarded;
4. 4. refuse permission, totally or partially:
1. for the processing of your personal data for legitimate reasons, provided this is relevant to the purpose of collection;
2. for the processing of your personal data for the purpose of sending advertising or direct promotional sales materials or of performing market or business communication surveys. The preceding rights may be exercised either directly or through your representative in the forms specified in arts. 8 and 9 of the Privacy Law.
7. 7. Data Controller and Data Processor
We inform you that the Data Controller and Data Processor is the Company, in the person of the legal representative: Pia Donata Berlucchi.
8. 8. Consent
We wish to inform you that you are free to consent or otherwise to your personal data being handled as and how specified on the information sheet. If you deny your consent, the Company will not be able to handle your personal data, but merely use it to comply with the obligations prescribed by laws or other existing regulations, with the possible consequences described under point 3. above.